Monday, March 28, 2011

Training Day 16

Yeah! The beginning of week 3 of training. Time is flying by. Today (3/14/11) is a strength and stretch day, so off to the gym I go.
I started off with the yoga class; I've had this instructor before, and she is not too bad. I really have a love/hate relationship with Yoga. It feels good, and I appreciate the stretch, because I know that it has helped me be a better runner/cyclist, but it is just so passive. I can usually make it ok through most of the class, but by the time they are doing the cool down, I am ready to jet out of there. So, I rolled up my mat while everyone is doing some fetal baby pose, and hit the weights. Today is back and bicep workout, which I have posted here before.

Time for a tip........
Bandana's are my favorite underutilized and cheap athletic piece of gear.


They come in every color under the rainbow, and they cost $1.00 at Walmart (the Harley one was a little more expensive.) But, they have a multitude of purposes. Here are just a few that I utilize.
In the winter I put one around my neck to help keep warm, and when I am riding my bike I pull it up bandit style to keep my face from freezing; my breath keeps me warm. I use one around my neck when I run in the winter too. In the summer I soak one in cold water, tie it around your neck (you can also roll ice cubes in them) to help keep cool and wipe sweat out of my eyes. I wear them on my head under my helmet to keep warm, and to keep my hair out of my face when I'm running. If you ever have an injury, it's good at soaking up blood, or becoming a tourniquet. They also work well as a cute headband if you roll it up. And, finally they make a cute accessory for matching your athletic gear. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment