Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 14 Training

CATCH A LEPRECHAUN 5K - race day!
I had two options for running a 5k today, this race or 6 Tunnels Shamrock Run. I have always ran the 6 tunnels, which is not my favorite course. The course is trail through three old railroad tunnels. Two reasons why I am not a fan: too many people run this race and I don't particularly like trail. So, this year I opted for a smaller race with a better course, and I am very happy with the results. I took second in my age bracket (see stats below). Only a little over a hundred people running, flat course, and great support and set up. I would only do one thing different - I didn't look at a map of the course before I ran, so I was not really certain where I was during the race and I could have paced myself better. But, I am happy with today's run! Time 29:56 @ 9:37 pace

Second in age bracket - not bad.

Race Results
Post race in front of a new Camaro. The race took place @ Findley Chevrolet

I also got in 23 miles on the bike today. It was such a beautiful day that the bike just kept calling me. I gave myself a nice rest, and late in the afternoon I hit my regular cycling route. My legs were tired, but I was able to keep a decent cadence. My cycling buddy and I also stopped for lunch at Chipotle, so that was some extra incentive for riding! I'll have to ramp up my cycling mileage soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment