Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 12 Training

Today is supposed to be a run/strength day, but I am switching week 2 and week 3, because I want to run the 'Catch a Leprechaun' this weekend (3/13/2011) for my 5K race Saturday. So, today is going to be a rest day for running and I am just hitting the gym for a strength workout.
I worked chest and triceps today. I am still having some pain in the left shoulder and upper arm. Apparently I pulled a muscle at some point, though I do not remember it happening. I am restricted by the pull in that I don't have full range of motion, so I am having to modify my chest routine by doing a shorter push through. I felt pretty good after doing my routine and I didn't aggrevate the injury any further. I am applying a heating pad to it nightly and this seems to be helping with the healing process. The heat makes the blood circulate more, and this speeds up the healing process.
One thing that I have not written about yet is abdominal work. I don't dedicate a specific day to abs. I work abs every time I do strength training at the gym with the exception of the day that I work legs. Legs is a long enough routine that I don't add on the extra time it takes to work the abs.
My ab workout is pretty simple and is all done on an adjustable situp bench with a 15# dumbbell.
I adjust the bench to it's steepest incline and hold a 15 pound dumbbell and do the following:
3 sets of 12 reps 15# dumbbell

No comments:

Post a Comment