3/27/2011
8 miles today. This might seem a little agressive since I ran 5 miles yesterday, but it's really not, as I have been running for going on 11 years, so I have a pretty good base, as well as knowing what my body can handle. The only obstacle I ran into was breathing. My endurance is shot this week due to all of the inactivity. I took quite a few walking breaks, and I did have a little muscle fatigue behind the left knee, which is new for me. I'll do a little R&R tomorrow, and it will be as good as new. It just feels good knowing that I'm finally getting some longer distances in. I am starting to think that the more frequent, shorter distances are not the right thing for me. I prefer to do less frequent runs, and longer distances- at least two to three long runs per week.
"Miles make champions" is the quote that keeps popping into my head. I believe that conditioning the body to take longer distances more frequently works much better for me. I may be altering the training schedule that I have been attempting to follow; we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment