Friday, April 1, 2011

Training Day 19

Grrrr...training for this new job in California is totally throwing my schedule off. I was up early this morning, and out late tonight, so no time at all to get my run in. I should have ran 3.5 miles tonight. It's still raining here too. About the only thing I can do is increase some of my other runs to make up for the mileage, or run on a rest day. I think either one will work. I'll just play it by ear, and see how I feel in the upcoming days.
So, today can be a "tip" day. There are many different options for a post run/workout recovery drink, but most experts agree that it needs to be drank within 30 min. to be the most beneficial. You can fix a smoothie, but I find the easiest recovery drink is chocolate milk. So many runner's are utilizing the benefits of milk. I'm posting a link, so you can read about it yourself. 
http://stronglifts.com/milk-post-workout-build-muscle-gains/

I personally like to keep Carnation Instant Breakfast packet's on hand; that way I only mix what I need, and don't feel the urge to down an entire jug of chocolate milk.


I buy this large size @ Costco


No comments:

Post a Comment