Again, I was one of the fortunate people to secure a spot in the Little Red Riding Hood Bike Ride. This event has been taking place for 24 years, and each year it becomes more popular. Due to permit restrictions in the towns that the course runs through, the ride has a limit on participants, and a limit on riders for the century distance--only 1,000. 3,000 women will be pedaling off on June 4th for one of the following distances: 18,36,50,80, & 100 miles. This will be the third year that I will be riding. Year one I rode 80 mi., year two 100 mi., and this year the 100 mi. again. I knew from registering the previous years that spots would go quickly. LRRH sold out in less than 24 hours this year. I basically stalked their website, waiting for them to open registration. Due to an error on Red's part, their link did not work properly, but I knew to go directly to active.com to get registered, so I was able to secure bib #110, my aunt, cousin, and two friends were also able to get in. I am so glad that we all were diligent in getting registered! We are going to have the best time. This is a first ride for my Aunt Faye, Kaedell, and their friend Karen. My friend Laurel will be riding for the second time, she rode the 100 miles last year--both of our first century.
This ride is truly one of the best all women's ride, and I love the beautiful scenery, and flat course. If you are interested in cycling, giving it a try, or participating in your first organized event, then this is one that you would definitely want to try for! If you are interested in finding out more about LRRH follow this link: http://www.littlered2011.blogspot.com/
Little Red 2009
*each year has a different theme, 2009 was a hula/pink theme
Finish Line!
Beautiful Scenery
Pre ride start in front of my favorite sock sales trailer...LIN Socks!
Little Red 2010 with a Wonder Woman theme.
I can't wait for this year's ride, we are all going to have so much fun, and the 50's theme is so cute. I'm going to put together a 50's iTunes play list in keeping with the theme. Any suggestions? I've already got the entire soundtrack of "Grease" on the list.
No comments:
Post a Comment