Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 5 Training



I was so tired yesterday, it was not a good day, and adding the cycling in at the beginning is tiring, so my day five schedule called for a 3 mile run and strength training. I was just too beat and I was not having a good day, so I pushed the run off until Friday, which was scheduled to be a rest day, and just did the gym workout. Tonight was back and bicep night. I chose a really bad time to go to the gym - 6pm. The machines are all very busy, and it bugs me when the trainers take weights off the floor for their "clients." It wouldn't be a problem, but they tie up the weight for an hour, whereas if the equipment is being used on the floor you can work in with someone, or at least wait 15 min., or so until they finish their sets. I have another pet peeve; women who lift weights that are too light for them, and as a result they have to do a 100 reps. Ladies, learn how to lift! Increase the weight and do less reps! If you are lifting weights that are so light that you have to do that many repetitions to fatigue the muscle, you are wasting everyone's time! And, NO I swear you will NOT bulk up from lifting too heavy. Seriously, use a little common sense. How many men do you see at the gym that are trying  to bulk up, and they use weights that are so heavy that the only form they have is that of a pretzel. These guys don't bulk up and they have the testosterone to do so; it's just not that easy, why do you think so many people use steroids?
The gym has only one seated delt/pec fly machine, and here some chic is doing her 100 reps with all of 25 pounds on the stinking machine. Ok, I just have ZERO patience, but finally I'm like, "hey, how many more sets do you have?" I guess that intimidated her enough, because she moved to another machine! I loaded it up with 60 lbs., so now you can see the diparity between what she was lifting, and what I do. I have only been lifting one to two days a week before training started, and I can handle that much, so that gives you an idea of what I mean when I say, "quit lifting light." A freaking toddler weighs more than that!!!
Ok, my blood pressure has dropped now. Listed below is my weight and routine for tonight.

Back
seated pull down - wide grip 3 sets 12 reps 75#
seated low row 3 sets 12 reps 75#
seated delt fly 3 sets 12 reps#

Bicep
dumbbell curls - alternating 3 sets 12 reps 20#
preacher curls 3 sets 12 reps 40# barbell
seated bicep curls (machine) 3 sets 12 reps 40#

Here is a tip for weight lifting: if you don't want to have calluses and blisters, wear weight lifting gloves, but I've found that using fingerless cycling gloves are actually better, because they have the gel padding instead of just a leather covering, and it protects the palms of your hands much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment